The Bumble app is a free dating app that is interesting in how it connects matches—it gives females the reins of the conversation, including deciding whether they even want to be able to message someone. Fortunately, it’s also a great app for guys who are trying to get a date. You just have to know how to use it correctly, and most importantly, remember that you’re still dating so respect, creativity, and a little light-hearted fun can go a long way.
Although there are no two Bumble bios or profiles that are perfect, there are plenty of Bumble bio ideas for men out there that can help you step up your game. Here are 25 examples for you to keep in mind.
1. Take new photos:
This isn’t so much a bumble bio example as it is a must-have. Your pictures, sans favorite landmark pics and artwork, should all be current pictures and reflect not just what you look like, but who you are.
2. Sell yourself:
Jim, 32, attractive professional with multitudes of personality and a penchant for learning new things. Smart, self-reliant, and ready to settle down with the right woman.
3. Highlight traits and hobbies:
Sam, 25, enjoys hiking, biking, and finding new cuisine. Will read [book] as many times as I possibly can and always enjoy a little downtime catching up on my favorite shows. Can you keep up with me?
4. Convey your passion and values:
John, 30, Marketing exec by day, avid Netflix binge-watcher by night. Looking for something simple, but real, with someone who has a shared passion for streaming TV, sitting down to relax, and enjoying the little things in life.
5. Don’t repeat yourself:
Dave, 27, professional looking for others for dates and fun. Professional designer for work, two dogs, and a love of the outdoors. (You already said professional—take out one of them!)
6. The humble bio:
Steve, 23, graduated Magna Cum Laude, but NBD because I’ve been reading and learning for as long as I can remember. Smart is only part of me. I also enjoy sports, being silly, and spending time with the family.
7. The mini-memoir:
Hank, 36, writer and wordsmith. Making jokes and puns from a young age, Hank is looking for the right person that he can make laugh for the rest of their lives. Inquire within.
8. Complete ridiculousness:
We’re attempting to reach you about your car’s extended warranty… (This is a great one that a few people have used, but it still gets a laugh and is nowhere near overdone.)
Online dating is weird, isn’t it? It’s like writing a sales pitch for yourself—here’s mine: Tom is 25 years old and specializes in IT services, but would prefer to talk less about work and more about his golfing hobby or the animals he volunteers with.
9. Simple pleasures
Jay, 34, looking for someone who enjoys the simple pleasures in life… sunsets, walks in the woods, the smell of spring, and a delicious home-cooked meal.
10. Pros and cons list
Pros: likable, smart, honest, loyal, etc. Cons: Talks too much, snack-obsessed, probably will jump on every one of your last nerves.
15 More Funny Bumble Profile Examples (No Explanation Needed)
1. Looking for someone who shares my love of the outdoors, cheese pizza, and that one episode of the Office where [insert scene]. Professional, committed, looking for the same.
2. Need a partner in crime and adventures to go through this life with me—accepting short-term and long-term applications and interest. Work in finance, play outdoors whenever I can, and enjoy spending time with my family.
3. Likes: warm blankets on cold nights, winning at board games, and black coffee; Dislikes: Egos, sore losers, and anyone who thinks “sup” is a proper greeting.
4. I love animals and working outdoors, currently getting paid to enjoy my passion. Looking for dates, fun, and people who want to explore the world together.
5. I have been in education for a decade, but recently switched gears to pursue my passions. What are you passionate about?
6. My friends say that I work too much to enjoy dating, but I think it’s time to meet someone and settle down.
7. I could watch [TV series] on repeat. I like walking my dog on sunny days. I also love being self-aware and learning about myself and my place in the world around me.
8. We’re all just here looking for a companion, aren’t we? I would love a companion that brings me breakfast in bed and lets me clean up the mess after—teamwork makes the dream work, after all.
9. My bucket list includes the likes of [list activities]. What’s on yours? (This is also a good way to make sure that you get a response with a built-in conversation starter).
10. Two truths and a lie: I’ve met a famous person. I know 15 decimals of pi, and I take my dog to the park every week. (post pics of your cat and see who notices).
11. Do you know where okra comes from? Okra-homa! (puns can get you further than you think)
12. I’ve seen every episode of [show], listen to music like it’s my job, and they actually pay me to help take care of animals at the local shelter. Looking for someone to appreciate these things about me and more.
13. Yes: dates, cooking, nights in, Netflix, romance, etc; No: hookups, NSFW pics, fast food dates, etc.
14. I spend too much time on social media and I love meeting new people that like to check out local places. I’ve always dreamed of living on a farm or out in the mountains but would settle for the city for the right girl.
15. I just created an Instagram account for my puppy—feel free to follow for endless adorableness! In the meantime, match me if you think I’m as cute as he is.
As you can see, there are a lot of different ways that men can go about writing their profile. Make sure that you convey the main points, use your own voice, and make a statement that will get noticed for the right reasons. Then, your Bumble profile will hit the mark every single time.